Ministry of Finance and UNDP conducted a virtual public discussion (on zoom and YouTube channel) to launch and disseminate the Gender Responsive Climate Change Budget study which has been developed with support from PATTIRO on May 20th, 2020 with the following highlights:
- Climate change has a wide impact on all components of society, especially on women.
- The government has implemented climate budget tagging and gender responsive budget tagging, but studies show the need to accelerate budget tagging for climate change and gender combined theme.
- Tagging a combined budget theme will facilitate the government in identifying and overseeing the implementation of gender mainstreaming strategies in climate change programs / activities.
- The Climate Gender Budget Statement is one of the innovations that has the potential to be carried out in the integration of gender mainstreaming into the climate change budget.
- Flyer, Study Report and Policy Brief can be accessed in the following link: https://bit.ly/GenderCCPublicDiscussion
- Recording the Event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri8OgHyBlxM&t=792s